Welcome to CAS Accountants
Chartered Accountants, Business Advisors and Self-Managed Super Funds Experts – helping you achieve more for over 15 years.
Accounting for Individuals
- Individual Tax Returns
- Tax Treatment of Investment
- Tax Planning
- Superannuation Advice
- Tax Preparation for rental properties and property development projects
- Capital Gains
- Share Trading
Accounting for Business
- New Business structuring and establishment
- Budget and cash flow forecasting
- Purchase & merger of business
- Sale and wind up of a business
- BAS Preparation and Lodgement
- Reporting of monthly, quarterly or annual accounts
- All ATO, State Revenue Office and ASIC compliance needs
- Single Touch Payroll Compliance
- Risk Minimisation and Asset Protection
- Succession & estate planning
- Establishment of Self-Managed Super Funds
- Preparation & Lodgement of SMSF compliance requirements
- Limited recourse borrowing arrangements to purchase a property through Super
Helping you make the right decisions.
We Cover an Array of Individual & Corporates Accounting Services
- Preparation of individual returns.
- Preparation of rental schedules and taxation advice of rental properties.
- Taxation advice in regards to investments.
- Capital Gains tax.
- Tax planning.
- Estate planning.
Business & Corporate Compliance
We offer a wide range of accounting and BAS preparation services:
- Preparation & Lodgement of Business Activity Statements.
- Preparation of accounts for monthly quarterly or annual reporting needs.
- Recommendation and implementation of accounting software for your business. Including all MYOB small business products, Xero and cash flow manager.
- Training of bookkeepers and business owners in the use of accounting software.
- Single touch payroll reporting.
- Lodgement of superannuation obligation through the small business clearing house.
We are here to help you with your business planning needs from start-ups through to succession/sale planning we can help in the following areas.
- Business structure establishment
- Risk Minimisation and asset protection
- Profit Maximising strategies
- Budget & Cash flow forecasting
- Managing bank relations.
- Succession & estate planning
- Purchase/merger or sale/wind up of business advice.
We offer a range of services in the self-managed superannuation field, including:
- Establishment of Self Managed Superannuation Funds.
- Help with the administration and running of SMSF.
- Preparation & Lodgement of all statutory compliance obligations for SMSF’s.
- Use of limited recourse borrowing arrangements to purchase property using SMSF’s.
- Statements of advice to establish self-managed superannuation and limited recourse borrowing arrangements.
- Advice on Transition and account-based pensions.
CAS Accountants are here to help you.
Don’t Let the Complexities of Your Financials Burden You Any Longer
- We pay attention to every detail to ensure you get the best result.
- We prepare individual returns. We are happy to come and see you at times that are outside normal work hours.
- We are happy to work with you if you have more than one year overdue.
- We have the skills and expertise necessary to help you with more complicated returns including rental properties, capital gains, share trading and property development projects.
Local Accountants, You Can Trust
CAS Accountants are proudly Australian owned and operated – with over 15 years experience in public practice. We are fully qualified with the Institute of Chartered Accountants and are registered tax and ASIC agents. We proudly do all of the work locally.
Training for Your Inhouse Accountants & Bookkeepers
We offer training for your team members and can provide recommendations and implementation of accounting software for your business, including MYOB (MYOB Live, MYOB Essentials and MYOB Accounts Right), Xero and cash flow manager, Single Touch Payroll Compliance.
The team at CAS Group Accountants really are second-to-none. Whenever we have needed advice, they’ve been there for us to provide invaluable real-world experience. Craig is articulate, incredibly trustworthy and has a keen attention to detail when completing our financial documents as required.
Craig and his team are always very accommodating around our busy schedules, and when ad hoc advice is sought we have always found them to be incredibly helpful – providing great context on their rationale and how a subsequent decision was reached. We can safely say that our business would not be as successful as it has been to date without the financial consultation we have received from CAS Accountants over the past four years. I am very thankful for their continued help, guidance and advice.
CAS Group Accountants have given our companies sound tactical and strategic advice and excellent ongoing accounting services, which allows us to focus on growing our business and improve our personal lives – they helped us structure and plan our SMSF so that we can transition and retire years earlier than we ever thought possible.
In the 9 plus years that I have been dealing with Craig Shirley from CAS Accountants, I have found him to be both extremely professional and responsive to queries that we have had regarding our business. Small business is a juggle and when you want answers you want a quick response and this is what Craig will provide. His knowledge and helpfulness are both refreshing and welcoming. I would have no hesitation in recommending his services.
We Focus on Your Best Interest
Our Clients Are Like Family
“In my fifteen years as a public accountant, I have developed a passion for helping my clients achieve their goals in business and wealth creation. My approach combines fast and responsive service with an emphasis on giving my clients the best advice to help them achieve their desired goals”
Craig Shirley, Director CAS Accountants
From Our Blog – Accounting Resources & Articles
We are back to normal operations After several months on the work from home we have finally been able to fully reopen the office and can resume normal operations. Let’s hope things stay that way. Improvements to be made to full expensing measure The government will expand...
Extension of the JobKeeper Payment Sadly, many Australian businesses are a long way from trending back to 'normal' as we approach 27 September 2020, the original date that JobKeeper was set to end. Thankfully, the government has announced an extension of the JobKeeper...
Treasury Laws Amendment (2020 Measures No 3) Bill 2020 Treasury Laws Amendment (2020 Measures No 3) Bill 2020 has passed both Houses of Parliament and is now law. Extending the Instant Asset Write-Off This legislation amends the income tax law to allow a business with an...
JobKeeper declaration due 14 June Businesses that have enrolled in the JobKeeper Scheme and identified their eligible employees are reminded that they will need to make a monthly declaration to the ATO to ensure they continue to receive JobKeeper payments.The monthly...
Australian State and Territory economic relief and stimulus package summaries Introduction In response to the coronavirus (‘COVID-19’) pandemic currently impacting the economy and businesses generally, each Australian State and Territory Government has...
Coronavirus: Government announces new tax measures The Government has announced a number of economic responses to the Coronavirus (or 'COVID-19') pandemic, including economic stimulus packages worth billions of dollars. Some of the key tax measures include: From Thursday 12...
We are based in Highett, 16km from Melbourne CBD
Phone: (03) 9553 3800
328 Highett Road Highett VIC 3190
PO Box 94 Highett VIC 3190
Monday – Friday: 9am to 5pm
We are available for after-hours appointments and house/premises calls on request (Available for Melbourne South-East and Bayside Suburbs).