Welcome to CAS Accountants
Chartered Accountants, Business Advisors and Self-Managed Super Funds Experts – helping you achieve more for over 15 years.
Accounting for Individuals
- Individual Tax Returns
- Tax Treatment of Investment
- Tax Planning
- Superannuation Advice
- Tax Preparation for rental properties and property development projects
- Capital Gains
- Share Trading
Accounting for Business
- New Business structuring and establishment
- Budget and cash flow forecasting
- Purchase & merger of business
- Sale and wind up of a business
- BAS Preparation and Lodgement
- Reporting of monthly, quarterly or annual accounts
- All ATO, State Revenue Office and ASIC compliance needs
- Single Touch Payroll Compliance
- Risk Minimisation and Asset Protection
- Succession & estate planning
- Establishment of Self-Managed Super Funds
- Preparation & Lodgement of SMSF compliance requirements
- Limited recourse borrowing arrangements to purchase a property through Super
Helping you make the right decisions.
We Cover an Array of Individual & Corporates Accounting Services
- Preparation of individual returns.
- Preparation of rental schedules and taxation advice of rental properties.
- Taxation advice in regards to investments.
- Capital Gains tax.
- Tax planning.
- Estate planning.
Business & Corporate Compliance
We offer a wide range of accounting and BAS preparation services:
- Preparation & Lodgement of Business Activity Statements.
- Preparation of accounts for monthly quarterly or annual reporting needs.
- Recommendation and implementation of accounting software for your business. Including all MYOB small business products, Xero and cash flow manager.
- Training of bookkeepers and business owners in the use of accounting software.
- Single touch payroll reporting.
- Lodgement of superannuation obligation through the small business clearing house.
We are here to help you with your business planning needs from start-ups through to succession/sale planning we can help in the following areas.
- Business structure establishment
- Risk Minimisation and asset protection
- Profit Maximising strategies
- Budget & Cash flow forecasting
- Managing bank relations.
- Succession & estate planning
- Purchase/merger or sale/wind up of business advice.
We offer a range of services in the self-managed superannuation field, including:
- Establishment of Self Managed Superannuation Funds.
- Help with the administration and running of SMSF.
- Preparation & Lodgement of all statutory compliance obligations for SMSF’s.
- Use of limited recourse borrowing arrangements to purchase property using SMSF’s.
- Statements of advice to establish self-managed superannuation and limited recourse borrowing arrangements.
- Advice on Transition and account-based pensions.
CAS Accountants are here to help you.
Don’t Let the Complexities of Your Financials Burden You Any Longer
- We pay attention to every detail to ensure you get the best result.
- We prepare individual returns. We are happy to come and see you at times that are outside normal work hours.
- We are happy to work with you if you have more than one year overdue.
- We have the skills and expertise necessary to help you with more complicated returns including rental properties, capital gains, share trading and property development projects.
Local Accountants, You Can Trust
CAS Accountants are proudly Australian owned and operated – with over 15 years experience in public practice. We are fully qualified with the Institute of Chartered Accountants and are registered tax and ASIC agents. We proudly do all of the work locally.
Training for Your Inhouse Accountants & Bookkeepers
We offer training for your team members and can provide recommendations and implementation of accounting software for your business, including MYOB (MYOB Live, MYOB Essentials and MYOB Accounts Right), Xero and cash flow manager, Single Touch Payroll Compliance.
The team at CAS Group Accountants really are second-to-none. Whenever we have needed advice, they’ve been there for us to provide invaluable real-world experience. Craig is articulate, incredibly trustworthy and has a keen attention to detail when completing our financial documents as required.
Craig and his team are always very accommodating around our busy schedules, and when ad hoc advice is sought we have always found them to be incredibly helpful – providing great context on their rationale and how a subsequent decision was reached. We can safely say that our business would not be as successful as it has been to date without the financial consultation we have received from CAS Accountants over the past four years. I am very thankful for their continued help, guidance and advice.
CAS Group Accountants have given our companies sound tactical and strategic advice and excellent ongoing accounting services, which allows us to focus on growing our business and improve our personal lives – they helped us structure and plan our SMSF so that we can transition and retire years earlier than we ever thought possible.
In the 9 plus years that I have been dealing with Craig Shirley from CAS Accountants, I have found him to be both extremely professional and responsive to queries that we have had regarding our business. Small business is a juggle and when you want answers you want a quick response and this is what Craig will provide. His knowledge and helpfulness are both refreshing and welcoming. I would have no hesitation in recommending his services.
We Focus on Your Best Interest
Our Clients Are Like Family
“In my fifteen years as a public accountant, I have developed a passion for helping my clients achieve their goals in business and wealth creation. My approach combines fast and responsive service with an emphasis on giving my clients the best advice to help them achieve their desired goals”
Craig Shirley, Director CAS Accountants
From Our Blog – Accounting Resources & Articles
Tax time focus on rental property income and deductions The ATO is focusing on four major concerns this tax season when it comes to rental properties. Concern 1: Include all rental incomeWhen preparing tax returns, make sure all rental income is included, such as from...
ATO’s small business focus for 2022 income year The ATO announced that it will be focussing on the following matters for small business tax returns for the 2021/22 year: Deductions that are private in nature and not related to business income, as well as overclaiming of...
ATO priorities this tax time The ATO has announced four key areas that it will be focusing on for Tax Time 2022: Record-keeping.Work-related expenses.Rental property income and deductions.Capital gains from crypto assets, property, and shares.Before claiming income tax...
No reduction in the Private Health Insurance rebate as of 1 April 2022 An event that we have become accustomed to every 1 April, is that the amount of the Private Health Insurance (‘PHI’) rebate decreases. The Australian Government rebate on PHI is annually indexed on 1 April...
2022-2023 Budget Measures that are now law Low and Middle Income Tax Offset A measure that will no doubt be beneficial for individual taxpayers is the increase in the Low and Middle Income Tax Offset (‘LMITO’) for the 2022 income year by $420. The LMITO is a tax offset which...
Tax deductibility of COVID-19 test expenses After much speculation, the Government announced that COVID-19 tests, including Polymerase Chain Reaction (‘PCR’) and Rapid Antigen Tests (‘RATs’), will be both: tax-deductible; andexempt from FBT; broadly where they are purchased for...
We are based in Highett, 16km from Melbourne CBD
Phone: (03) 9553 3800
328 Highett Road Highett VIC 3190
PO Box 94 Highett VIC 3190
Monday – Friday: 9am to 5pm
We are available for after-hours appointments and house/premises calls on request (Available for Melbourne South-East and Bayside Suburbs).